The Web Developer/Designer will implement the user interface for a suite of web-based applications for acquiring new customers and servicing them. These applications include integration with several other systems including a payment system, a CRM system, and a back office management system. The Web Developer/Designer will also direct the on-going design of the corporate website and implement ongoing changes to various company sub sites as required.
- Applicant should have a strong background in website design and development. This background must include the ability to address HTML, PHP and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers.
- Applicant must also be able to monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as necessary.
- Applicant should have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with the various department heads and be able to work efficiently in both independent and collaborative situations.
- Create design prototypes, including some graphic design, site navigation, shopping cart integration, and layout of content, for company and other affiliate websites.
- Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements as necessary.
- Build web-based interfaces and websites using technologies that conform to company standards.
- Perform maintenance, modifications, and updates to existing websites.
Applicant must have 5– 8 years of website development and design experience with a strong background in online digital media including HD video, digital compression technologies and digital imaging using Adobe Photoshop. Must also be knowledge and demonstrate experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and advanced experience with PHP.
Must also have advanced knowledge of: