The positions encompasses standard operations administration: setting up, configuring monitoring web servers, package installation, as well as more development-oriented tasks such as building automated deployment and provisioning scripts, defining metrics, exploring database performance bottlenecks, etc. We are looking for exceptional, self-motivated individuals, keen to learn new and emerging distributed technologies; share their learning; and exploit the emergent Cloud offerings to the maximum benefit of our business and our customers.
- Master the overall site architecture and look for ways to improve our LAMP, storage and cloud infrastructures.
- Grow and improve the infrastructure to handle scalability for rapid growth. Lead the adoption of the latest technologies for scaling a large web site
- Create new tools to be used by our Development team for troubleshooting and automation.
- Work with developers to remove scalability bottlenecks such as slow database queries, requests with high GC hit rates and memory leaks.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum process with developers, maintain and improve testing and staging environments. Support QA function by enabling automated testing, continuous deployments and optimizing the release process.
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot problems with internal services.
- Contribute to open source technology including our infrastructure management tool Chef. Research and implement industry standard tools as we scale our site.
- 5+ years experience in supporting systems in a fast-paced environment with a complex distribution system
- 3+ years of experience working on a high volume website.
- 3+ years experience in Internet facing applications, security concerns and vulnerability assessment, virtualization, network protocols (HTTP/S, SSL, SSH)
- Server-side development experience in highly concurrent systems
- Unrivaled proficiency in Linux server administration, including network tuning.
- A deep and abiding love for building scalable, high performance systems.
- Multi-homed websites, virtualization (EC2, xen), Redis experience is a major plus.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, php5+ and Git is a major plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum desirable.
- Other Software development experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Highest Salary and Bonus Structure in The Industry
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Paid Vacation - $7,500 Annual Vacation Bonus
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual Bonuses
- 401K Options
- Auto and Life insurance
- Casual Work Environment
- Flexible Work Week