- Execute all aspects of site planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify problems with systems, applications, and networks.
- Assist in coordinating with vendors and escalation support teams.
- Develop timelines for problems that assist in problem reporting and root cause analysis.
- Create, update, and execute Change Requests as directed to implement system and software upgrades as directed.
Assist in incident management tasks: Open, resolve, and maintain service desk tickets.
- Execute simple Standard Operating Procedures as directed to maintain operational stability.
- Support Operations process improvement activities.
- Participate in the management of system backups and recovery as needed.
- Remain current with standard ecommerce technology used in high-availability environments.
- Linux and OpenSource Software Administration.
- Create, maintain, and achieve agreed upon goals.
- Perform performance self-assessments.
- Execute complex Deployment Procedures for major software changes.
- 3+ years of system administration experience with Linux OS, preferably RedHat Enterprise.
- Working knowledge of Web Technologies: Apache/Tomcat/Firewalls/DNS.
- Working knowledge of Linux troubleshooting commands in regards to disk I/O, CPU usage, load, and network connections & usage.
- Strong OS scripting skills preferably with Perl/Python/Bash.
- Java and Relational Database skills a plus.
- Self-motivated team player that can set priorities and manage to deadlines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills.
- Must be available to support a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly resolve problems.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task, be process-minded and detail oriented.
- Passion for uptime and experience in e-commerce environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.